Jun 02, 2021• Proven solutions
If you have spent time as a content creator on YouTube, you may be interested to know how you can delete some of your older posts. Any video that you upload to YouTube can be easily deleted.
If you want to replace an old video, keep in mind that you cannot simply swap out an old video and replace it with an updated version as any new upload will get a new URL. If there are any links to the old video, they will all need to be updated.
If you are curious as to how you should go about the process of deleting YouTube videos, here are the steps involved:
- Start by going to YouTube and signing in. You can do this on your desktop computer, phone, or tablet.
- Go to your Creator Studio on a desktop computer or tap the Library icon if you are a mobile device. On mobile and tablet devices, the library icon looks like a file folder.
- On the desktop, go to your Video Manager. On a mobile device, go to My Videos.
- Find the videos that you would like to delete. Any video that you have uploaded on the platform can be replaced or deleted, but any video that you do replace will have a new URL that you may have to use for sharing.
- Select the videos that you would like to delete and make sure that they have a checkbox next to them. When the videos that you would like to delete are selected, you can go to the top of the page and click Actions, then choose delete from the dropdown menu.
On a mobile device, after you select the videos that you would like to delete, you can click the next button and tap the 3 circle menu at the top to then select delete from the dropdown menu.
After you delete videos, they will no longer be viewable on the YouTube platform.
If you want to easily replace or enhance a video without it getting a new URL, you can pick from 3 options to modify your video and improve it:
You can enhance your video from the Video Enhancements screen. This is a great way to fix your lighting and color or even add filters.
You can add cards and other elements to your videos to help link them to your other videos.
You can change the official title and description of your video. This can be a great way to improve your video’s SEO.
By making some of these edits, you can easily update your old video without completely replacing it.
That’s how to delete a YouTube video! Have you ever deleted a YouTube video?
If you want to find a video editing solution that empowers your imagination and creativity yet takes less effort, please try this robust and user-friendly video editing software Wondershare Filmora9. It provides special effects, stock photo and video, sound library, etc., which will definitely enhance your productivity and helps you to make money by making videos much accessible.